In honor of Father's day, I am posing this question: Is it possible for a guy to get into crafting? Despite what my husband, dad, and brother say, I say YES! Seriously guys, I think you are resistant because somehow the word "craft" has become associated with little old ladies crocheting doilies or sewing dresses for their doll collection or something. But we girls know there is a lot more to crafting than that. In fact, if you look up the word "craft" on dictionary.com, the first definition you find is: "an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, esp. manual skill: the craft of a mason". Masonry? Manual? How man-ly. Literally.
Take a look at these crafty, yet manly, tutorials I found. Learn how to:
- Make the Wood Clock above at Design Sponge.
- Fold a JKF-18 Hornet jet paper plane at wonderhowto.com
- Make a picture frame from a recycled circuit board at Curbly.
- Put up some numbers on your house. Your wife will thank you. Learn at Design Sponge.
- Brew your own craft beer at Instructables.com. Hey, it has craft in the name.
- Make a cool mason jar light for your workshop or garage at Design Sponge.
- Make your own fly paper. Crafty in a sick way. From Curbly.
- Turn a Cruddy Castoff into a Modern Workshop Stool at Curbly.
- Make a cool feeding station for your best friend. Courtesy of Design Sponge.
- Find a new use for an old ketchup bottle at Curbly.
- Make an alien abduction lamp at Curbly.
So guys, start crafting!