Home

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cool Stuff: Clocks

It seems that (if you know what you're doing) you can turn just about anything into a clock. Here are some clocks worth noting that I've found while browsing for gift ideas:

This tongue-in-cheek Cukcoo Clock design is from Etsy seller Decoylab:


Etsy Seller Kailey Hawthorn has found a great new use for old records with her clocks:

And how could I not include a clock made from bicycle parts? Etsy seller 1byliz makes these vibrant upcycled chain ring clocks:


Ok one more bicycle themed clock by Etsy Seller Garbella. She screen prints these fabulous designs on real wood:



Here is a great clock I bought for my dad for his 60th Birthday. I wanted to give him a gift made with something from the year he was born, and this hub cap clock by 8milecreekdesigns is it!:



And finally, this clock from The Green Head, is very cool. It looks like a block of wood until it is illuminated. Though I have to ask, why would the clock ever be turned off? Hmm....

Know of any other unique clock designs? Send me the links!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to do with those old albums. I suppose you could cover them with something if your not good at painting. Um what else could you do with old albums?

Studio Violette said...

Very cute clock picks!

I've been wanting this for years: http://www.nandahome.com/products/clocky/
It's an alarm clock that runs away from you! So cute, but I don't know if I'd shell out the $50 for it.

-Erica

Post a Comment