Home

Monday, March 1, 2010

Tutorial: Orange Blossom Fondant Flowers









This blog has turned me into a mushy, flower loving, girl. In fact, I can't stop making flowers. Last week it was paper flowers, and this week it's an edible variety made from rolled fondant and placed on top of miniature cupcakes drizzled with an orange buttercream glaze.




Materials:

- Cupcakes (I used this white cake recipe. but it was a little too dense for me. You better have a glass of milk handy when you are eating it)

- Frosting (I used a simple buttercream frosting which I thinned out with orange juice until it was a cinnamon roll type glaze consistency. I also added orange zest.)

- Rolled Fondant (you can buy this at craft stores in the cake decorating isle)

- Round fondant/cookie cutter (~1/2 inch diameter)

- Rolling pin

- Powdered Sugar



Process:



I essentially used the same process with the paper flower tutorial to make these:



1. Roll out the fondant using the powdered sugar to prevent sticking to the cutting board and rolling pin.



2. Cut out 5 circles with the cutter for each flower.



3. Assemble the flowers using the same method shown here, pinching one side of the circle to make each petal.



4. Attach to the top of the cupcakes using a little left over frosting as glue.







Now that's my kind of bouquet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are so cute. A could eat a whole bouquet.
Looking forward to some more flower power.
Mary

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Handcraft category today [03 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sarah said...

great, thank you!

calla lily said...

btw, I just purchased some cupcakes with light pink strawberry frosting--they just added pureed strawberries to their frosting recipe--tasty and naturally dyed!

100 cotton percale sheets said...

This blog has turned me into a mushy, flower loving, girl. In fact, I can't stop making flowers.
best website developers vancouver ,
web development services in canada ,

Post a Comment