This blog has turned me into a mushy, flower loving, girl. In fact, I can't stop making flowers. Last week it was paper flowers, and this week it's an edible variety made from rolled fondant and placed on top of miniature cupcakes drizzled with an orange buttercream glaze.
- Cupcakes (I used this white cake recipe. but it was a little too dense for me. You better have a glass of milk handy when you are eating it)
- Frosting (I used a simple buttercream frosting which I thinned out with orange juice until it was a cinnamon roll type glaze consistency. I also added orange zest.)
- Rolled Fondant (you can buy this at craft stores in the cake decorating isle)
- Round fondant/cookie cutter (~1/2 inch diameter)
- Rolling pin
- Powdered Sugar
I essentially used the same process with the paper flower tutorial to make these:
1. Roll out the fondant using the powdered sugar to prevent sticking to the cutting board and rolling pin.
2. Cut out 5 circles with the cutter for each flower.
3. Assemble the flowers using the same method shown here, pinching one side of the circle to make each petal.
4. Attach to the top of the cupcakes using a little left over frosting as glue.