Home

Monday, June 29, 2009

Homemade Stuff: Baby Blocks

My good friends Joseluis and Elisabeth just had a beatiful baby girl which inevitably got me thinking about making baby stuff again (DO NOT READ: making babies). Fortunately, there is an endless list of great baby crafts and gifts to make at home. For example, last year I made some really cute baby blocks for my niece's first Christmas shown below in a photo taken by my talented Photographer friend, Todd Parsons:


(I wish all my blog photos were this nice!) Check out the video tutorial at MarthaStewart.com. I picked up the unfinished wood blocks at my local crafting store along with some great scrap booking papers to decorate them with. For a personal touch, I painted one letter of my niece's name on each the blocks. And to give the blocks a strong, baby-resitant seal, I brushed on a coat of satin polyurethane so my little niece will have these when she has little ones!


What is your favorite baby craft?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those blocks are ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

that baby girl is even more adorable! though that craft is inspiring...

Post a Comment