1. Cut out the petals. For this flower I used 3 layers of petals. You will need 5 circular pieces for each layer. I made the largest layer of petals using pieces about 2.5 inches in diamter, the second about 2 inches in diameter, and the 3rd around 1.5 inches in diameter.
2. Cut out a base to attach the flower. Use the same fabric as the largest flower, but reduce the size to about 2 inches in diameter.
3. Glue the petals to the base fabric, pinching one side of the circlular fabric pieces. It's basically the same process as the paper flower tutorial and fondant flower tutorial. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
4. Repeat the process for the next two layers.
5. Make the center of your flower. This will hide any glue used to attach the petals. You can sew on a button or some beads or use more fabric. I crumpled up more fabric circles about 2 inches in diameter, gluing carefully as not to let any glue show.
6. Cut out a strip of fabric about 3/8 in wide and glue to the back of your flower. The loop should be sized so that your hair clip will slip in and fit snugly.
Want more ideas for things to make with fabric scraps? Amy from Craft Chi gives you plenty more. Found via Craft Gossip.